.

...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doing What I Know

This morning, when I put up This Week's Inspiration, I had no idea how it would affect me.  You see, there is more to motto's than just choosing one or two, there is living by them. 

Love me or hate me, I am who I am. 
I will not back down, just because someone does not like me.  It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me, as long as I know what I am doing is pleasing to the Lord.  If you don't like God, I am sorry.  Sorry for you, not what I have said.  I make my decisions based on what I know will please God.  If I realize that what I am doing does not please God, then I will be changing. 

Do what you know and the rest will be easy.
Doing what I know to do is not always easy.  Sometimes, doing what I know is the hardest part of all, but that is were the true test of character comes in.  Am I willing to do something, even when it is difficult and I don't want to?  The answer is yes.

This post is about change.  I need to change.  I spend far too much of my time in front of the computer, wasting it on silly things. 

The Bible says, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."  I Corinthians 10:13 KJV

I have realized that the 'way of escape' is for me to turn off the computer and put it away (I use a lap top).  We really don't need to listen to Pandora, or watch YouTube.  I really don't need to check my emails ten times a day.  But my children need a mommy who will teach them what they need to know.  Who will work with them and who will finish projects.  I need to be an example of good things to them.  And for my sake, to break my addiction, I am going to put the computer away for a few days, maybe a few weeks. 

No comments: