.

...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Trials

Early in the morning, on July 1st, a water line in my kitchen broke. It dumped gallons and gallons of water all over the kitchen, and down into the basement.  The laundry room was the worst, and I can't imagine how far the water may have gone if the toilet had been in place.  Finishing tiling is currently on hold.  The boys room got more than it's fair share of water in it.  My pantry was damp, so had to be cleared and aired out.  There are holes in several walls, where insulation had to be removed.  The kitchen flooring is missing.

Wednesday, the insurance adjuster will be here to look things over.  I am scared.  I have never dealt with insurance before and rebuilding is going to take some $. I just pray that all goes well and that they treat us fairly.  No matter what happens, I know that God has a plan in all of this and that His plans are for the best.  I feel like we are being tested... my own miniature Job type trials. 

This last week our dog, who never chewed on anything, except a mitten that was greasy, has chewed up several toys and containers.  Today the tent broke.  A pole bent.  I don't know that it is repairable.    I am not complaining.  I know that it could be much worse, but I am grieving.  This is hard to deal with.  I know that it is only stuff... and over it I cry not, but over what it will take to get everything back in order.  Over the loss of what we had already accomplished.

No comments: