.

...

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tiling the Laundry Room

Last week we tore the carpet out of our laundry room.  I don't know what possessed someone to put carpet in a laundry room/bathroom.  Carpet should never be put in a bathroom.  It is completely unsanitary!  It is gross enough in a living room, where dirt is the biggest problem. 

We tore it out, to lay the tile I bought years ago at a garage sale.  I saw the tile, and knew it was just what I wanted for the room.  I got all the man had, plus the tools to lay it with, for $100.  I brought it home, sure my husband would be equally thrilled.  He was, but had different ideas about where it should go.  "How about the kitchen?  What about the entry way?  Maybe the family room?"  So, it has sat for years. It's fate undecided.  But recently, my husband noticed how gross the carpet was, I think it was when the toilet overflowed again, and decided something should be done about it!

We washed all the laundry up, and took the machines out.  We removed the toilet and the sink. We ripped the carpet out, and removed the baseboard.  I spent two days scraping glue off the floor, and now I am ready to pain the room.  I don't think it has ever had more than the initial coat that was put on when the house was built.

I am a bit nervous; laying tile is a job I have never done before, but the principle is simple.   I don't see any reason I should not do well.  The floor is terribly uneven, so it is going to take a while to get everything just right, but I know that I can do it.  Other women can, so I can too.

No comments: